AFRIKAN CO-OPERATIVE UNION (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is AFRIKAN CO-OPERATIVE UNION of [address].
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as racial or ethnic origin). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To enable you to submit your details and apply for membership.
- To facilitate the registration process
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work for our business systems.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- To notify you about changes to our service
By providing us with your personal data you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. This means that on future visits to our site, we can identify past visitors and welcome them back.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
SENDING US INOFRMATION OVER THE INTERNET
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
INOFRMATION ABOUT VSITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We intend to continue improving the content and function of our website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR INOFRAMTION
Information disclosed to us is kept only so long as is necessary for the purposes which it is used. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. If your personal details change, please let us know and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.